2013 is right around the corner, and if you are like 90 percent of the businesses in the U.S. already using social media, you are probably wondering what’s next on the horizon.
Here are five things you won’t want to miss as you develop your social media strategy for the new year:
1. Social media moves beyond marketing. This means it’s time to involve your entire organization in planning and execution, not just your chief marketing officer.
2. Intelligent filtering. Expect more tools to help you cope with information overload.
3. Analytical adaptability trumps static strategy. There are great analytic tools at your disposal; you’ll find greater success if you use these to shape your plan in real time.
4. Online video continues to rise. Customers who watch videos of products or services are 85 percent more likely to buy. You can’t afford to pass that up.
5. Forget search engine optimization. Focus on user experience optimization. As search engines grow ever-more sophisticated, you’ll stay in front of the pack.